Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Marc by Marc Jacobs bracelet inspired


This is a nail design inspired by the Marc By Marc Jacobs exploded bow bracelet. I love the bracelet and wear it a lot. One day I thought maybe I could do a nail design complementing the bracelet. This time I did the caviar nail on my pinky just for fun. If you don't have the supplies, you can simply apply silver polish instead.

Marc by Marc Jacobs Exploded Bow bracelet
Marc by Marc Jacobs Exploded Bow bracelet
Marc-by-Marc-Jacobs-bracelet-inspired-nails-1
Marc by Marc Jacobs bracelet inspired nails
 


1. Apply base coat to all nails.
2. Apply brown shimmer polish to your thumb.
3. Apply off white cream polish to your index and middle fingers.
4. Apply copper glitter to your ring finger.
5. Apply a thick coat of clear polish or silver polish to your pinky. Gently pour the silver microbeads onto your nail. Use your finger or a stick to pat down the beads very gently. Wait for it to dry completely.
6. Put a tiny drop of clear polish on your index finger. Use a stick or toothpick to set a rhinestone on it.
7. Use a Konad stamper to stamp a bow on your middle finger with a silver polish.
8. Paint a dot in the center of the bow with the copper glitter polish.
9. Apply top coat to all your nails.

Marc-by-Marc-Jacobs-bracelet-inspired-nails-2
Marc-by-Marc-Jacobs-bracelet-inspired-nails


Things used:
Brown shimmer polish: Essie mochacino 672
Silver polish for stamping: Sally Hansen Insta-dri silver sweep 230
Silver microbeads
Off-white polish: My own franken polish (because I don't have an off white polish, I made my own by mixing up some yellow and white polish.)
Copper glitter (Again, I don't have a copper glitter polish. I used clear polish with copper glitter)
Rhinestone: clear 1.5mm round
Stamping plate: QA-36 (I got this from an online nail supplies store)

Marc-by-Marc-Jacobs-bracelet-inspired-nails-tutorial

I really like how the colors and the textures complement each other. I hope you like it as much as I do. The caviar actually lasted longer than I thought. A couple of beads did fall off though. So, be careful when you are preparing foods or eating with your hands. For people who wants to know more about stamping and caviar nail, I might have a post about them in the near future. Thank you very much for reading. 

(I am not paid and all the materials I used in this post were bought using my own money.)



No comments:

Post a Comment